Saturday, February 23, 2008

UCI and Cal State students give me hope

Over the past few weeks I have had the good fortune to speak to several groups of college students at UCI and Cal State Fullerton.

The students where pursuing Marketing, Technical or enrolled in the Entreprenuership Program. I came away from those experiences encouraged that the colleges are helping to prepare the next generation of business leaders!

The questions asked by these students and their level of interest helped me to see that the US business world will be getting some bright young minds in the not too diestant future.

I am very interested in the role colleges and universites can play in keeping our businesses stoked with fresh talent. Many of my clients express a concern for finding properly trained and interested talent to add to their businesses. From what I saw the challenge is help these students find a find with our small and medium sized firms both during their education and upon graduating.

There are highly motivated leaders at the schools who are working to link their students with business leaders and I applaud them for their vision.

I strongly encourage business owners/leaders to spend the time to learn what your local colleges are doing to develop potential new hires who can help you take your business to the next level.

No comments: